Stephen P. Griffin
Mr. Griffin provides counsel to publicly and privately held companies, organizations and individuals. Mr. Griffin concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and business litigation, as well as business law, real estate, construction and personal injury claims. His experience includes representation, in a wide variety of matters, of insurance companies, financial institutions, construction contractors, real estate developers, mortgage lenders, employers, employees and automobile manufacturers.
With more than ten years' big firm experience, Mr. Griffin founded Griffin Law LLC in 2004. He is admitted to practice in state and federal courts in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Mr. Griffin is a graduate of Boston College and received his J.D. from Boston College Law School, where he was a member of the National Moot Court Team. Prior to establishing Griffin Law LLC, Steve was a partner of Donovan Hatem LLP in Boston, MA, and prior to that an associate at Nixon Peabody LLP in Boston and Partridge, Snow & Hahn in Providence, R.I.
A native of Longmeadow, MA, Mr. Griffin is a "Bridge Builder" Partner of Year Up, an education and apprenticeship program for urban young adults. His interests include golf, tennis, swimming, travel and his dog, Penelope. A former captain and number one player at Boston College, Steve was named the Tennis Player of the Decade by the Big East Conference. In 2007, Steve was inducted into the Boston College Varsity Club's Hall of Fame.
- Successfully represented health care insurer in jury trial involving dispute with provider. Verdict upheld on appeal by Rhode Island Supreme Court.
- Obtained a defense verdict in lengthy real estate contamination jury trial on behalf of owner/operator of gasoline station in case brought by neighboring landowner alleging environmental contamination.
- Secured summary judgment for country club and its Board of Governors in well publicized gender discrimination case.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial involving claims of misrepresentation, fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices against real estate broker and agency.
- Secured victory at trial for real estate development company overturning illegal and unauthorized amendment to City of Boston Zoning Ordinance for violation of Open Meeting Laws.
- Martindale-Hubbell® Preeminent® Peer Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence